Monday, April 18, 2011

Counting Down the Days

My last day of work was on April 8. Since then I have been trying to get everything ready for our newest arrival. I have organized the kitchen, and gone through and tossed as much as I can. I cleaned our bedroom and bathroom, and I even started clearing out/packing our hall closet/storage room for the upcoming move. I know how little time I will have once Ellie is here so I wanted the house to be as clean and organized as could be before she got here so at least the messiness of a newborn would be starting at a clean point and not on top of our old messes.

I think we have finally purchased everything we need for baby Ellie. We didn't get everything off our registry - which we knew would happen. I went through the lists and determined what was absolutely necessary and used our giftcards that we got from returning duplicate items and from generous family members to buy the last few items. Obviously I am sure there things I don't know about yet that I will be needing, and of course there are items we will run out of fairly quickly (like diapers and baby wash) that we will have to continue to buy. But for now I think I'm finally done buying things, haha.

Since I am not working and don't need a car, Jacob has been taking my car to work everyday. His car gets terrible gas mileage and he can sometimes drive up to 300 miles in a day, so it just makes more sense that he drive the car with better mileage - especially since I am not working and therefore not making any money. Well his car is a stickshift and I have never learned to drive one, so during the days I am without a car. Last week I spent a lot of time at my parents house during the day - and I will probably do that this week, too. It has been fun to go run errands with my dad :)

One thing we have been doing is going to home building supply stores and picking out things to use in the house we will be moving into. The guy living there now made some interesting changes to the house that we will not be keeping. So far we have determined we need to replace the kitchen countertops, the kitchen sink (it's bright cherry red!!), the cabinet knobs, a few ceiling fans, and lots and lots of paint. We will not be doing all of this at once, but it makes for a nice to-do list to be working on. The guy who lives there now was given until June 30 to be out, but he has already moved most of his things out, and has turned off the utilities so we are hoping he will be out sooner. That would make the transition from our apt much easier since we want to paint at the house before moving in and we'll need paint our apt once we get furniture out...

There are so many changes coming our way, but I am SOO excited about all of them!

Below is a progression of my baby bump pictures. Jacob's cousin, Becky, made it for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment