Sunday, February 20, 2011
I have recently discovered the greatness of Etsy, and the stuff on this website is amazing! I am having custom bedding made based on light pink and chocolate brown. The main fabric is a pink and brown damask. I do plan to paint the nursery walls in the house we are moving to in July. We want to do a two tone paint job with light pink on top, and a dark stained wainscoting on the bottom. With these colors in mind, I have found lots of stuff to go with that on Etsy. Below are several of the things I'm considering purchasing for Ellie's nursery.
As far as my pregnancy goes, I am starting to reach the uncomfortable stage :( I am currently waking up about once an hour at night to use the restroom - fun! I am also becoming winded at the slightest exertions. Stairs are currently my most un-favorite activity, too bad I live on the second floor of an apt and work on the third floor of the school, haha.
There is one cool thing to Ellie continuing to grow inside me. I can feel her move around more and more everyday. She is also starting to poke up against me and I can actually push back on her. It's been a pretty neat experience :)
Anyway, that's about all that's going on with us right now. I'm sure I'll find more to write about later...
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
I know a lot of my teacher friends are stressing about missing so much instructional time with their students, but luckily I teach a fairly easy subject to get my students caught up on. Thank goodness I don't teach math, then I would be stressing. My kids are in the middle of a novel so we'll just take a little bit longer reading it than I had hoped. I know they won't mind missing a few stories I had planned to teach out of their literature book - and I know they won't miss the grammar I'll probably have to eliminate, haha.
The further along I get into this pregnancy, the less I can sleep at one time. I generally wake up about 3-4 times a night, and I usually don't sleep past about 7:30. I don't really feel tired during the day, I just go to sleep earlier at night. Well anyway, I was up this morning about 7 despite the fact that I didn't have to wake up for school. I had my first kick of "nesting" so I started going through my closet, then I hit the hallway closet and organized it. I ended up taking out 4 bags of trash! Finally, I did 3 loads of laundry, and started getting the baby clothing we have already accumulated ready to wash. All before noon! Then I got tired, sat down, and I haven't been up since then :) I guess my "nesting" kick is over for now...
I hope everyone stays warm on this cold day, and here's to wishful thinking that we'll have one more day off tomorrow!!
The snow/sleet view from our balcony - not nearly as pretty as last week's snow :(
My little laundry helper
Thursday, February 3, 2011
1. The bigger I get, the less I am treated like an adult. I thought being pregnant was all about being pampered - and believe me I have been somewhat pampered and I'm quite enjoying that aspect. However, anytime I pick up a box it's immediately taken from my hands. With all this snow and ice, anytime I get near any of it, I am warned to go slow and take my time. I know everyone's concerned with my well being (and that of Ellies') but it's starting to get to me. I feel like a little kid at times...
2. No one has touched my belly. Of course now that I am typing this I will be accosted the next time I go anywhere, but so far there has not been a single stranger come up and talk to me about my pregnancy or try to touch my belly. I know about 10 people who are currently pregnant and they say they have all gotten this at least once - some have gotten it multiple times. I'm thinking either I just look fat or there must be something about me that seems unapproachable, haha.
3. I get sick ALL the time! Now I knew from reading that my immunity system would be lowered because I was pregnant. I had heard of my pregnant friends being sick so I eve got a flu shot for the first time ever! I was not prepared for the amount of times I would be sick this year. It seems like anytime anyone with so much as a sniffle gets near me, I get sick. I have had a stomach virus twice, 3 colds, and 1 sinus infection. I am so tired of being sick, and I still have 3 more months :(
Now, it may sound like all I am doing is complaining - so far that is all I have done;) so let me list some things I have really enojyed about pregnancy:
- Feeling my baby move
- Wearing maternity pants (weird, I know, but they are super comfy!)
- Going baby shopping
- Picking out a name - Elisabeth "Ellie" Katherine
- Dreaming about what she will look like
- Dreaming about what kind of person she will turn out to be
- Bonding with my mothers, sister-in-law over motherly things
- Having conversations with Jacob about what kind of parents we will be
Well that's about all I've got for now. Below are a few pictures of me to show comparisons of my growing belly :)
(Can you even tell a difference?! It looks the same to me, but I swear it's bigger!)