Sunday, February 20, 2011

Nursery Decorations

I have been recently motivated to finally get my nursery started. It's not that I didn't want to do it before, I just didn't have the space to work with and I hadn't purchased the furniture yet. Now that the bedroom is open and my furniture can be assembled I have found more motivation. We are planning to move in the beginning of July, so I will not be painting the apt. We also will not be going all out in the decorating here, since we'll just be taking it all down in a few months - but I had to decorate something!

I have recently discovered the greatness of Etsy, and the stuff on this website is amazing! I am having custom bedding made based on light pink and chocolate brown. The main fabric is a pink and brown damask. I do plan to paint the nursery walls in the house we are moving to in July. We want to do a two tone paint job with light pink on top, and a dark stained wainscoting on the bottom. With these colors in mind, I have found lots of stuff to go with that on Etsy. Below are several of the things I'm considering purchasing for Ellie's nursery.

As far as my pregnancy goes, I am starting to reach the uncomfortable stage :( I am currently waking up about once an hour at night to use the restroom - fun! I am also becoming winded at the slightest exertions. Stairs are currently my most un-favorite activity, too bad I live on the second floor of an apt and work on the third floor of the school, haha.

There is one cool thing to Ellie continuing to grow inside me. I can feel her move around more and more everyday. She is also starting to poke up against me and I can actually push back on her. It's been a pretty neat experience :)

Anyway, that's about all that's going on with us right now. I'm sure I'll find more to write about later...





1 comment:

  1. Fun!! We have similar taste :) I'm scared for the frequent bathroom trips and being more tired in the next month or so..

    ReplyDelete